Welcome back to the Nutilis Community
Forgot your password?
Please enter your email.
Share your recipe with us and we will pick the best ones to feature on the MyNutilis page. Community members can then vote for their favourites, giving you a chance of winning an Ocado voucher!
Search for recipe, article or page
Read our tips on how to fortify your diet to get the most out of the food you eat
Part of our Top Tips series for dysphagia management
People with swallowing problems who need a dysphagia diet may find it difficult to eat all the food they need. Here are some tips that may help prevent you losing weight. Please check with your Speech and Language Therapist or Dietitian, which of these foods are suitable for your diet.
• Mash vegetables and potatoes with milk, cream or cream cheese. Try adding some grated cheese
• Porridge is a very nutritious breakfast – make with milk rather than water and add honey or sugar
• Make up instant soups or gravies with milk instead of water
• Add cheese and cream to an omelette
• Make instant coffee, hot chocolate or Horlicks with milk and enrich with a spoonful of cream. Add Nutilis Clear as required
• Make milkshakes with ice-cream, yoghurt and fresh fruit. Make sure there are no bits or lumps as per your recommended diet texture.
Make sure you use full fat milk and not skimmed or low fat milk. You could fortify milk by adding a few tablespoons of dried milk powder to a pint. Use this for drinking and cooking. For recipes ideas, take a look at Chef Neil’s selection.
Discover some mealtime positioning tips for patients with dysphagia
Some foods can be particularly difficult to chew, move in the mouth and swallow safely. Some will need extra care, others should be avoided altogether.
A dry mouth can be an uncomfortable reality for a lot of patients with dysphagia - read our top tips on how best to manage it
You or someone you care for has been prescribed Nutilis Clear – here are a few tips to make sure you get the most out of it