Food Preparation Tip:
needs hot contents and blender
Welcome back to the Nutilis Community
Forgot your password?
Please enter your email.
Share your recipe with us and we will pick the best ones to feature on the MyNutilis page. Community members can then vote for their favourites, giving you a chance of winning an Ocado voucher!
Search for recipe, article or page
per 2 servings
1. Place the water in a shallow saucepan and bring to the boil.
2. Add the hot dogs and onion to the water and cook for 4-5 minutes or until the hot dogs are just starting to split.
3. Place the hot dogs and onions with some of the water into the blender.
4. Blend until smooth.
5. Add 5 scoops of Nutilis Clear and blend again. Leave to stand for 90 seconds.
6. Place into a piping bag then pipe onto a plate in a sausage shape.
7. Thicken the tomato ketchup and mustard by adding 2 scoops of Nutilis Clear to each and blending. Pour over the hotdogs to your taste.
8. Serve with salads (See website links for pre-made coleslaw, beetroot and potato salad).
Ensure you complete dysphagia texture checks.
Make sure the hotdog is blended till smooth - it can be hard to bring them to a smooth texture.
For more information on how to prepare and present meals using Nutilis Clear, take a look at our chef’s and tip videos.
Additional portions can be frozen for later use or refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
Please be aware that blending hot foods can be dangerous. Always check the manufacturer’s instructions to ensure that your blender is suitable for processing hot foods and follow their instructions for safe blending.
*Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
Nutilis Clear is a food for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision. Nutilis Clear is designed for use by patients with swallowing difficulties (dysphagia). Information provided does not replace the advice and supervision of a doctor, speech language therapist or dietician. Use recommended amount of Nutilis as recommended by your Healthcare Professional.