Welcome back to the Nutilis Community
Forgot your password?
Please enter your email.
Share your recipe with us and we will pick the best ones to feature on the MyNutilis page. Community members can then vote for their favourites, giving you a chance of winning an Ocado voucher!
Search for recipe, article or page
for 4 servings
Instead of blending a real brownie with a liquid it’s better to imitate the brownie taste and shape with easier elements, such as a neutral potato purée.
1. Take the vanilla ice cream out of the freezer and allow it to melt completely.
2. Prepare the mash potato purée with the milk following the package instructions; add the butter and icing sugar, and melt them into the purée whilst stirring well.
3. Melt the chocolate in a microwave or bain-marie
4. Take approximately ¾ of the potato purée and mix it with the melted chocolate until you achieve a dark brown coloured purée, add the cocoa powder and stir well.
5. Add 3 scoops of Nutilis Clear to the chocolate purée mixture and mix well - this should ensure an even texture when heating.
6. Mix the remaining ¼ of the potato purée with the melted vanilla ice cream; add 7 scoops of Nutilis Clear to thicken the ice cream purée mixture - this ice cream mixture should be the same texture as the chocolate purée - and place in the fridge.
7. Heat the chocolate purée in a microwave for 20 seconds and plate it in the shape of a brownie piece; plate two balls of ice cream purée next to the brownie.
Ensure you complete dysphagia texture checks.
Additional portions can be frozen for later use or refrigerated for up to 24 hours. For further information on storing and reheating recipes click here.
Please be aware that blending hot foods can be dangerous. Always check the manufacturer’s instructions to ensure that your blender is suitable for processing hot foods and follow their instructions for safe blending.
*Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
Nutilis Clear is a food for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision. Nutilis Clear is designed for use by patients with swallowing difficulties (dysphagia). Information provided does not replace the advice and supervision of a doctor, speech language therapist or dietician. Use recommended amount of Nutilis as recommended by your Healthcare Professional.