Welcome back to the Nutilis Community
Forgot your password?
Please enter your email.
Share your recipe with us and we will pick the best ones to feature on the MyNutilis page. Community members can then vote for their favourites, giving you a chance of winning an Ocado voucher!
Search for recipe, article or page
for 4 servings
The above video shows how to take a basic stew and mash and adapt it for goulash, French stew, and Irish stew,
The recipe below is for a basic stew and mash.
1. Add olive oil to a large pot or deep skillet set to medium-high heat. Once hot, add the meat and cook it until it’s browned on all sides (approximately four minutes), remove and reserve the meat.
2. Chop the vegetables (onion, carrot, garlic, and celery) and add to the pan, along with the Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, thyme and rosemary, and cook for a further 10-15 minutes until the vegetables are coloured.
3. Add the meat and pour in the beef broth. Cover and simmer for 2-4 hours.
4. Blend the stew and strain to ensure there are no hard fibres and tough parts of the meat; add 10 scoops of Nutilis Clear.
5. For the potato purée, boil the potatoes and mash them with the butter, cooking water, olive oil, salt and black pepper. Add Nutilis Clear until you achieve the desired consistency.
6. To serve, put the stew purée on one side of the plate and add the potato purée on the other side with a little bit of carrot, puréed with Nutilis Clear.
Ensure you complete dysphagia texture checks.
Additional portions can be frozen for later use or refrigerated for up to 24 hours. For further information on storing and reheating recipes click here.
Please be aware that blending hot foods can be dangerous. Always check the manufacturer’s instructions to ensure that your blender is suitable for processing hot foods and follow their instructions for safe blending.
*Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
Nutilis Clear is a food for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision. Nutilis Clear is designed for use by patients with swallowing difficulties (dysphagia). Information provided does not replace the advice and supervision of a doctor, speech language therapist or dietician. Use recommended amount of Nutilis as recommended by your Healthcare Professional.