Food Preparation Tip:
Sweating the onions until they are soft is better because frying could cause the onions to burn and therefore be harder to blend.
Search for recipe, article or page
per 1 - 2 servings
1. Cook the pasta in boiling water as per pack instructions and overcook it slightly so it is soft.
2. Put pasta into the blender, add water, cream and cheese and blend until smooth.
3. Whisk or blend 2 scoops of Nutilis Clear into the mixture and let it stand for 90 seconds.
1. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan, and soften the onions and carrots for a few minutes.
2. When soft, turn up the heat and crumble in the beef. Brown the beef, tipping off any excess fat. Add the tomato purée and Worcestershire sauce and fry for a few minutes.
3. Pour over the stick, bring to a simmer, then cover and cook for 40 minutes, uncovering halfway.
4. Place the mixture into the blender and blend until smooth.
5. Whisk in 5 scoops of Nutilis Clear to thicken.
Pipe the puréed meat on to a plate into a 6cm by 6cm square. Alternatively use a small square oven dish.
Then continue the layering. Pipe pasta on the meat, then add another layer of meat and finish with a layer of pasta topped with Parmesan cheese.
Ensure you complete dysphagia texture checks.
For more information on how to prepare and present meals using Nutilis Clear, take a look at our chef’s and tip videos.
Additional portions can be frozen for later use or refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
Please be aware that blending hot foods can be dangerous. Always check the manufacturer’s instructions to ensure that your blender is suitable for processing hot foods and follow their instructions for safe blending.
*Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
Nutilis Clear is a food for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision. Nutilis Clear is designed for use by patients with swallowing difficulties (dysphagia). Information provided does not replace the advice and supervision of a doctor, speech language therapist or dietician. Use recommended amount of Nutilis as recommended by your Healthcare Professional.