Search for recipe, article or page
1. Combine the flour, yeast, spices, zest, sugar, and salt in a bowl.
2. Warm the milk and butter until lukewarm and butter is melted, whisk in the egg.
3. Add the milk mixture to the flour and knead for 10 minutes until a smooth soft dough is formed.
4. Prove the dough in a warm place until doubled in size; knock back, then shape into eight even-sized balls.
5. Place teacakes on a tray and prove again until rise.
6. Cook at 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6 for 20 minutes then set aside to cool.
1. Combine the fruit, apple juice and mixed spice in a pan.
2. Gently simmer for five minutes to soften the fruit.
3. Process the fruit in a blender and pass through a sieve to remove any particles.
4. Add Nutilis Clear and complete dysphagia diet texture checks.
1. Cut the tea cakes in half and toast until golden brown.
2. Process the toasted tea cakes, mixed spice and custard in a blender until a smooth purée is formed.
3. Pipe or scoop the tea cake mixture onto a plate, then pipe the spiced fruit puree into the tea cakes.
Ensure you complete dysphagia texture checks.
Please be aware that blending hot foods can be dangerous. Always check the manufacturer’s instructions to ensure that your blender is suitable for processing hot foods and follow their instructions for safe blending.
*Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
Nutilis Clear is a food for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision. Nutilis Clear is designed for use by patients with swallowing difficulties (dysphagia). Information provided does not replace the advice and supervision of a doctor, speech language therapist or dietician. Use recommended amount of Nutilis as recommended by your Healthcare Professional.