Welcome back to the Nutilis Community
Forgot your password?
Please enter your email.
Share your recipe with us and we will pick the best ones to feature on the MyNutilis page. Community members can then vote for their favourites, giving you a chance of winning an Ocado voucher!
Search for recipe, article or page
You or someone you care for has been prescribed Nutilis Clear – here are a few tips to make sure you get the most out of it
Part of our Top Tips series for dysphagia management
You or someone you care for has been prescribed Nutilis Clear – here are a few tips to make sure you get the most out of it:
- Prepare the food or drink per serving and use within 2 hours
- Use only the scoop provided in the tin
- Always measure the liquid required, e.g. 200ml
- Add all the powder at once to a clean, dry glass
- Once you have added the 200ml of liquid, start stirring vigorously or shaking as soon as possible
- To avoid lumps, stir as soon as the powder and liquid are combined
- To prevent air bubbles, top stirring or shaking as soon as the powder has dissolved
- Use the same amount of powder for hot and cold drinks
- Allow hot drinks to cool slightly before adding Nutilis Clear
- If thickening tea or coffee, always add milk and sugar to the drink before adding Nutilis Clear
- Always make sure the shaker lid is secure
- Shakers are not necessary for mixing, forks work equally as well
Discover some mealtime positioning tips for patients with dysphagia
Some foods can be particularly difficult to chew, move in the mouth and swallow safely. Some will need extra care, others should be avoided altogether.